Here at yBaX Start, we provided the link to the live stream of the Nintendo Direct and provided key highlights down below. Not much information was provided other than a few key announcements, most excitingly the Majora’s Mask reveal for the 3DS. A good referral is to our earlier article in which we asked readers would they prefer Majora’s Mask to come for the 3DS or for the Wii U, with a handful of replies from various social networking sites responding to the 3DS version.
Watch the entire recap of the Nintendo Direct in the Youtube video above, or read our key highlights below. Then share your thoughts on the announcements of this Nintendo Direct in the comments below!
Notes of announcements:
- Majora’s Mask 3DS is announced, coming Spring 2015. Unfortunately that diminishes hope for a HD version too from the Wii U.
- New characters announced for 3DS game, Code Named STEAM. Each with their own direct features and special attacks. “You have to use each weapon ability wisely”, with a lot of differentiation. Spring 2015.
- More ‘Ultimate NES Remix’ information, which features alternate sound effects, Speed Mario Bros, challenges and also online leaderboards to “compare your top scores with others in your region!”.
- An adorable Captain Toad highlight video reveals all available 70 stages in the game. Replay value of the game is also revealed due to the sliding past Shy Guys challenges. Interestingly, replay value is a key point in one of our upcoming articles!
- Mario Kart 8 DLC finally has a trailer which showcases the new tracks and characters in motion! The Hyrule stage is based on the graphical style of Hyrule Warriors. The first DLC pack is available at November 13, the second pack is coming in Spring 2015.
- Amiibo figures provide special character suits for your Mii in Mario Kart 8.
- The new Kirby Wii U game (Kirby and the Rainbow Curse) coming in February 2015. Features multiplayer once more, “there’s no ‘I’ in team, but there is in Kirby”.
- Hyrule Warriors will have integrated Amiibo too as well as a Twilight Princess pack.
- Alongside the Duck Hunt characters introduction video in Smash Bros, a Virtual Console game of Duck Hunt will also be available to download in the e-shop.
- Indie gaming is allegedly important to Nintendo, showcasing events from Indiecade and other upcoming Indie games; some exclusive, and some multi-platform.
- PersonaQ 3DS XL design available for North American gamers.
- Sonic Boom 3DS demo avaialable after the stream.
- Cat Mario and Cat Luigi are taken to a new extreme in the upcoming Monster Hunter game for the 3DS. These are literal cats in Mario costumes!
- Pikmin Short Movies will be available in HD (on the Wii U) or in 3D (on the 3DS) for purchase on the e-shop. A promotional demo for Pikmin 3 will also be available to convince those who are unaware of the series.
- Splatoon is provided a new trailer, looking absolutely insane – yes, we’re in love. Splatoon isn’t only online, but will also feature a single player campaign too. The expected release is in Q2 2015.